Wednesday, February 2, 2011

There's a first time for everything!

Hello, Bonjour!
This is the officialy blog of the National Youth Committee of the Canadian Hemophilia Society!
If you have any questions or have a topic you would like us to write about e mail us!

So, we have been engaged for about 5 years now and it's finally time to start planning the wedding!
I have been planning my wedding since I was about 12 years old. I know exactly what I want. A big wedding in Stephenville, Newfoundland with tons of food, wine, flowers and friends. The only problem with that is weddings are very stressful to plan and Zane and I are concerned with my health. Travelling to Newfoundland is hard on my body and with the stress of a wedding we are afraid I may get sick. The other problem is the budget. Weddings are so expensive  so for the past few months I've been trying to down size my dreams for my wedding. I can cut down on some of the people and I can cut down on the flowers but I have no idea as to how I can keep myself healthy! I've been eating well and taking lots of vitamins but I can't guarantee that I will be healthy on my wedding day. Zane suggested we change to wedding to Calgary that way if I run into any health problems I have my whole medical team here. However, my heart is in Newfoundland! I was born and raised there and think it is fitting to be married there. But as I have learned the hard way as many Hemophiliacs have, you can't always get what you want. So when it comes to my big day I think I will have to ensure my close friends and family are there and enjoy the day no matter where or when it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment